Dynamite to Launch 'Doodle Jump Comics' Based on Game
The uber-successful mobile game comes to the comics in June, written by "Adventure Time's" Meredith Gran.
You've become addicted to the game, and starting in June, you'll be able to become addicted to the comic book, as Dynamite Entertainment launches Doodle Jump Comics, written by Meredith Gran with art by Steve Uy.
Gran, whose work includes BOOM Studios' Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens in addition to her ongoing Octopus Pie webcomic, said that the series has "taken some fun elements from the game and created a cool world for the characters to play in," calling the end result "quite charming."
Editor Rich Young agrees, saying that "one of the most exciting things about these comics is the opportunity to tell the Doodler's backstory for the very first time. You have this totally unique game with so many fans around the globe, but there's never been any background offered for its hip little world and the clever characters that inhabit it … until now!"
Lima Sky's Doodle Jump game was originally released in 2009 and has been downloaded more than 15 million times across multiple platforms, becoming the all-time No. 3 paid app for the iPad, as well as winning an Apple Design Award. Dynamite's Doodle Jump Comics will be released in comic book stores and digitally June 18.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg