'After Earth' Trailer Finds Will and Jaden Smith in Great, Post-Apocalyptic Danger (Video)
M. Night Shyamalan's sci-fi effort launches 1,000 years into the future, where a spacecraft crash pits two Smiths against Earth's rage.
Just the two of them, crashing castles in the sky.
Welcome back Will Smith in the first trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth, a post-apocalyptic sci-fi film set on a very different third rock from the sun. Smith stars as General Cypher Raige (one of the cooler movie names in recent memory), a legendary commander headed back home to Nova Prime alongside his son, convincingly played by Jaden Smith. As you can imagine, the trip doesn't go smoothly.
Their spacecraft is ripped apart in some sort of cosmic calamity, sending the pair spiraling down to an earth that is far different than the one we inhabit today. After near-destruction, the planet has -- minus the fleeing humans -- reverted to the dangerous jungle of prehistoric times but with even more advanced beasts.
Spoiler: The pair face a fight to survive.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR