'Edge of Tomorrow' Trailer: Like 'Groundhog Day' With Aliens and Pain
The new trailer for Doug Liman's time-loop thriller shows Tom Cruise dying to explain his situation to Emily Blunt.
For Bill Murray, being cursed to relive the same day over and over again meant a seeming eternity of waking up to Sonny and Cher. For Tom Cruise, it’s a little more dangerous, as the new trailer for Edge of Tomorrow demonstrates.
Adapted from Hiroshi Sakurazaka’s 2004 novel All You Need is Kill, Edge of Tomorrow sees Cruise’s Bill Cage trapped in a time loop during the middle of a war between humanity and an alien race known as the Mimics, with the loop allowing him to go from a rookie to the most accomplished soldier on Earth. Admittedly, saving humanity may be no “romancing Andie McDowell,” but it’s better than nothing.
(And Emily Blunt gets to provide a love interest — not to mention trainer and mentor figure — for Cruise, in case you really need such a thing in a hard SF war movie.)
Directed by Doug Liman, Edge of Tomorrow is released June 6.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public