Eli Roth's Cannibal Movie 'Green Inferno' Gets Release Date
Roth directed, co-wrote and produced the movie, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival.
Open Road Films has set a Sept. 5, 2014, release date for The Green Inferno, Eli Roth's cannibal horror movie.
The movie -- directed, co-written and produced by Roth, the blood-loving moviemaker behind Cabin Fever and the Hostel series -- premiered in this year's Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness sidebar.
Starring Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy and Daryl Sabara, the movie centers on a group of tree-hugging student activists who travel from New York City to the Amazon to save a tribe from extinction. When their plane crashes, they are found by the tribe, which is, much to their dismay, cannibalistic.
The movie has plenty of Roth's signature touches and has the year's best use of pot in a film. (You've got to see it to believe it.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR