Eli Roth's Cannibal Movie 'Green Inferno' Gets Release Date
Roth directed, co-wrote and produced the movie, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival.
Open Road Films has set a Sept. 5, 2014, release date for The Green Inferno, Eli Roth's cannibal horror movie.
The movie -- directed, co-written and produced by Roth, the blood-loving moviemaker behind Cabin Fever and the Hostel series -- premiered in this year's Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness sidebar.
Starring Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy and Daryl Sabara, the movie centers on a group of tree-hugging student activists who travel from New York City to the Amazon to save a tribe from extinction. When their plane crashes, they are found by the tribe, which is, much to their dismay, cannibalistic.
The movie has plenty of Roth's signature touches and has the year's best use of pot in a film. (You've got to see it to believe it.)
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!