Elijah Wood to Star in Indie Thriller 'Grand Piano' (Exclusive)
The project, written by Damien Chazelle and to be directed by Eugenio Mira, is like "Speed" at a piano.
Elijah Wood is set to star in Grand Piano, an indie thriller written by Damien Chazelle and to be directed by Eugenio Mira.
Adrian Guerra and Rodrigo Cortes, who were involved in making the Ryan Reynolds thriller Buried, are producing.
The story concerns a once-great concert pianist who suffers from stage fright and comes back to perform after a five-year hiatus. Just when he's about to play the first bar, he notices somebody has written a threatening note on his music sheet. He's now forced to play his best concert ever to save his life as well as his wife's. Think Speed at a piano.
The movie will shoot at Ciudad de la Luz Studios in Alicante, Spain, and a week in Chicago. A late summer production start is being eyed.
Piano adds to Wood’s already busy and varied schedule. The actor is the lead voice on Disney XD’s animated series Tron: Uprising and returns to star in season 2 of FX’s Wilfred, which debuts June 28. His movie Maniac will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival this month, and he will be seen reprising Frodo in December's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Wood is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack