Elijah Wood is a Homicidal 'Maniac' in New Horror Preview (Video)
In a remake of the original 1980 slasher flick, Wood plays a disturbed man with a penchant for innocent women and their scalps.
In the spirit of the season's top box office hit, let's call this the story of what would have happened had Frodo held on to the Ring.
Elijah Wood, the Lord of the Rings star who reprised his hairy-footed hero character for a cameo in this month's prequel The Hobbit, plays the title character in Franck Khalfoun's remake of the 1980 horror-slasher film Maniac. His forever-young face, often an asset in projecting innocence, is here a sign of a man-child emotionally interrupted, as he stalks down women and removes their scalps in a rampage that begins shortly after the death of his mother.
The first six minutes of the film has been released by Warner Bros., and features a lot of heavy breathing and the pursuit of a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The film also stars America Olivo and Nora Arnezeder.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche