Elizabeth Banks Signs On for 'Hunger Games'
It’s official: Elizabeth Banks will play Effie Trinket in the upcoming Lionsgate movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games trilogy.
THR previously reported that Banks was in talks to join the ensemble cast, led by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth.
Effie is a pink-haired showbiz type who becomes Katniss’ (Lawrence) handler.
The actress joins Lawrence, Hutcherson, Hemsworth, Paula Malcolmson, Willow Shields, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin, Jack Quaid, Ian Nelson and Kalia Prescott in the film, to be directed by Gary Ross.
Hunger Games hits theaters March 23, 2012.
Banks is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment. She has Welcome to People, Man of a Ledge and Movie 43, which she is also directing, coming down the pipeline.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch