Elon Musk's New Invention: Playing With Your Computer Like Iron Man
The SpaceX founder demonstrates a new way to interact with your computer -- as previously seen in the hands (literally) of Marvel's Tony Stark.
While some may suspect that Elon Musk is just a super villain waiting to happen -- I'm looking at you, Bernardin -- it appears that the PayPal and SpaceX founder has more positive role models in mind than Doctor Doom, or even Lex Luthor. In fact, he may even be taking the Tony Stark comparison more literally than most would believe…
In a new video, Musk shows off his new way of interacting with his computer a la Stark's gesture controls from the Iron Man movies. In fact, he even specifically references the Iron Man inspiration at one point.
Knowing that Musk is taking pointers from Iron Man and involved in the design and creation of new rocket propulsion systems, as well as just being seemingly eager to investigate new technologies and ideas that seem more out there than most, it's clear that he's simply trying to turn himself into the real life equivalent of Iron Man or Batman: a rich guy with ridiculous toys who uses his wealth and gimmicks for the betterment of others.
Mr. Musk, I salute you, and ask that you make that gesture-control thing available for everyone as soon as possible, because anyone who pretends that they haven't secretly wanted to do that with their computer since they saw Tom Cruise do it in Minority Report is obviously lying to themselves and others.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet