'Elysium' Trailer: Robots, Spaceships and Matt Damon (Video)
The sci-fi epic from “District 9” director Neill Blomkamp also stars Jodie Foster.
A new trailer for Matt Damon’s Elysium is now online, and it provides a clearer idea of the film’s scope and its characters' arcs.
The film, from District 9 director Neill Blomkamp, takes place in a future in which the poor live on Earth while the privileged live on a space station called Elysium, where poverty and illness don’t exist.
In the trailer, it’s revealed that Damon’s character (Max) has just five days to live, unless he can make it to the station where medical technology would be able to cure him. But it’s more than just Max’s fate that hangs in the balance, as he may be able to save countless others on Earth as well.
Among the trailer’s other highlights: Max (hilariously) mouthing off to robot police officers, and us getting to see Sharlto Copley (District 9) as a bearded, menacing villain.
The Columbia/Media Rights Capital film is slated for an Aug. 9 release.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!