Emma Watson, Jason Segel and David Krumholtz to Cameo in Seth Rogen's 'End of the World' (Exclusive)
The actors will play themselves in the apocalyptic movie.
Seth Rogen and longtime writing partner Evan Goldberg are delivering on their promise to populate their directorial debut with cameos.
Emma Watson is in negotiations to play herself and Jason Segel and David Krumholtz are set to appear as themselves in End of the World, Rogen and Goldberg’s Sony Pictures project formerly known as The Apocalypse.
The project is inspired by a short called Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse that featured Rogen and Jay Baruchel playing themselves, holed up in an apartment as they dealt with the end of the world.
Expanding upon the short, the story now includes not only Rogen and Baruchel but James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride and Craig Robinson, all playing themselves, as they are stuck in Franco’s Los Angeles apartment facing an apocalypse.
The script has fun with the actors, who might or might not make it out alive.
WME-repped Watson, best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, is in Los Angeles shooting Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring.
Segel and Krumholtz are longtime buddies of Rogen and Goldberg, going back to the early days when the latter duo came to Hollywood from Canada. Segel worked with Rogen (and with Baruchel) on the 2001 show Undeclared when he did a seven-episode stint. Krumholtz also appeared on the show as well as 1999’s Freaks and Geeks, which counted Rogen among its cast.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!