Emmett/Furla Picks Up Hot Sci-Fi Script 'Vice' (Exclusive)
The move reteams the "Lone Survivor" producers with Andre Fabrizio and Jeremy Passmore, who wrote the Bruce Willis thriller "The Prince."
Emmett/Furla, the company behind the surprise hit Lone Survivor, has picked up the sci-fi spec Vice by Andre Fabrizio and Jeremy Passmore.
The move reteams the banner, run by Randall Emmett and George Furla, with the writers who wrote The Prince, the Bruce Willis thriller that just wrapped shooting in Alabama. Adam Goldworm, also one of the producers of Prince, is back for Vice, producing via his company Aperture Entertainment.
Vice, which has been described as having a Westworld-meets-Grand Theft Auto vibe, is set on a resort in the future where the staff are lifelike synthetic beings and the rich can live out their darkest fantasies. The pseudo-paradise has an anything goes policy since the memories of the androids reset every night. One female staffer, however, suffers a glitch and is flooded with all her memories. Realizing the horror she has been made to suffer, she vows revenge.
Emmet/Furla sees the project as an action thriller and hopes to put a director on it soon.
Fabrizio and Passmore wrote San Andreas, New Line's earthquake disaster movie that will shoot later this year with Dwayne Johnson starring. Prince, meanwhile, also has John Cusack, Jason Patric and Jessica Lowndes in its cast. The pair are now writing Ride for Fox and Vince Vaughn.
Fabrizio and Passmore are repped by Paradigm, Aperture and Robert Szymanski of Eclipse Law.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)