'Shameless' Star Emmy Rossum Joins 'Beautiful Creatures'
The actress joins Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the big-screen adaptation of Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's young-adult novel.
Shameless star Emmy Rossum is in final negotiations to join the cast of the supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, Alcon’s adaptation of the young-adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Richard LaGravanese wrote the adaptation and is directing.
Rossum joins Emma Thompson, Viola Davis and relative newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert in coming-of-age story about two star-crossed teens -- one a local boy, the other a mysterious new girl -- who uncover dark secrets about their families, their history and their town.
Rossum will play Ridley, Englert's cousin who became a dark witch on her 16th birthday, turning the girls into enemies.
Filming will begin in April in New Orleans.
Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing, as is Erwin Stoff and Molly Smith.
Rossum, a key player on Showtime’s Shameless, has appeared in such films as Poseidon and The Day After Tomorrow. She is repped by ICM and The Schiff Co.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR