Eva Green in Talks to Star in '300' Prequel at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures’ 300 prequel hasn't found its male star yet, but the movie is zeroing in on its female lead.
Eva Green has entered negotiations to play Artemisia in the movie, which is currently working with the title 300: Battle of Artemisia. Noam Murro (Smart People) is directing.
The epic follow-up to 2006's Gerard Butler action pic 300 sees the Persian king-turned-god Xerxes lead an army against Greek forces, who have little training but are under the guidance of a general named Themistokles. (The giant battle at the center of this movie is supposed to occur at the same time as the fighting in 300.)
Green would play a ruthless, gold-covered goddess who persuades Xerxes to amass his army and helps lead them into battle.
The studio is hoping to start production in the first quarter of 2012. Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Bernie Goldman, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Thomas Tull are producing.
British actress Green may be best known to American audiences for playing James Bond love interest Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale or appearing in the international hit The Golden Compass. She recently wrapped shooting Dark Shadows, Warners’ big-screen take of the gothic soap opera starring Johnny Depp and directed by Tim Burton.
She is repped by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)