Eva Green Nabs Femme Fatale Lead in 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For'
Eva Green has been tapped to play the femme fatale of Dimension Films’ Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, being directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller.
Green’s casting marks the end of a long search for an actress to take on the role of Ava Lord, who is at the center of the pulpy story first published as a comic book in the 1990s.
The story told of a photographer who falls back into the life of a beautiful woman (Green) who had left him years earlier for a wealthy man, only to see himself set up for the murder of her husband.
Josh Brolin is playing Dwight, the photographer.
Returning for the sequel are Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson and Jaime King. New additions include Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Haysbert, Christopher Meloni, Jeremy Piven, Jamie Chung, Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Julia Garner.
“Ava Lord is one of the most deadly and fascinating residents of Sin City,” Rodriguez and Miller said in a statement. “From the start, we knew that the actor would need to be able to embody the multifaceted characteristics of this femme fatale and we found that in Eva Green."
Green, repped by UTA, last year appeared alongside Johnny Depp in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows and will next appear in Warners' 300 sequel 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR