Evan Spiliotopoulos to Pen Universal's 'Ouija'
McG is directing the film, an adaptation of the Hasbro board game, also produced by Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes.
Evan Spiliotopoulos, best known for penning a slew of high-profile, straight-to-DVD Disney animated pics, has been tapped to work on Ouija for Universal and Michael Bay’s production banner Platinum Dunes.
McG is directing the movie, which is an adaptation of the Hasbro board game about conjuring up spirits of the dead.
Plot details are kept under wraps although it's described as a four-quadrant supernatural adventure centering around a family, with influences from The Mummy and Indiana Jones.
Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz previously worked on the script but are now focused on Once Upon a Time, the fantasy pilot they are exec producing for ABC.
Brian Goldner and Bennett Schneir of Hasbro will produce with Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form producing for Platinum Dunes.
Spiliotopoulos made a name for himself in the family sphere working on projects including The Lion King 1 1/2 and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie. He also worked on Wanted 2 for Universal and Agnes Quill, Paramount’s adaptation of a Slave Labor Graphics comic.
He is repped UTA, manager DJ Talbot and attorney Sean Marks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR