Everything You Know About 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Is Wrong
As the movie's Peter Weller explains, it's possible that you were looking at what happened in this summer's installment of the long-running sci-fi movie franchise in the wrong way.
The true hero of Star Trek Into Darkness? If you ask Peter Weller, he'll tell you that the answer is his character, Alexander Marcus -- whom, to most people, may have seemed like one of the movie's villains. That's because, he argues, those people weren't actually paying attention to the movie itself.
"Everything Marcus says in the film is true, which people forget," Weller told The Onion's AV Club when talking about the movie. "People go, 'Bad guy! Bad guy!' But why is he a bad guy? Everything he says is true: The Klingons are coming, they do need Khan, and that’s that. It's just that he's going to sacrifice the entire Enterprise to get the job done, because the Enterprise started to believe Khan. But if the Enterprise had not believed Khan and had done what Marcus said, then there'd be no movie, and everything would be cool."
So who, then, are the bad guys if Marcus was right? "The Enterprise wakes the dude up and listens to his game, and then everything goes to crap," Weller explained. "But that's the Enterprise's hubris. That's them. They screwed up, not Marcus." Clearly, someone needs to start a new web series where Peter Weller explains how every single episode of Star Trek is all Captain Kirk's fault. Star Trek Into Revisionism, anyone?
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014