'Evil Dead' Remake: Red-Band Trailer Heavy on Blood and Gore (Video)
The movie, which counts Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi among its producers, appears to take a different tone from the duo's original comedy-horror trilogy.
The Evil Dead remake isn't for the squeamish, judging by the newly released red-band trailer.
The movie follows on the heels of director Sam Raimi's cult comedy-horror trilogy, starring Bruce Campbell. This time around, Fede Alvarez, the South American filmmaker who was behind the acclaimed short film Panic Attack, took the directing reins.
Both Raimi and Campbell serve as producers on the remake, but the new movie appears to take a much different tone than the trilogy, based on the trailer. Blood, gore, knives and massive open body wounds -- they're all here and more.
The remake, which hits theaters April 12, stars Suburgatory's Jane Levy, Red Riding Hood's Shiloh Fernandez and Friends With Benefits' Jessica Lucas along with relative newcomers Lou Taylor Pucci and Elizabeth Blackmore.
Alvarez wrote the Dead screenplay with Rodo Sayagues; Diablo Cody also worked on the script.
You can watch the trailer above, but consider yourself warned.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!