'Evil Dead' Remake: Red-Band Trailer Heavy on Blood and Gore (Video)
The movie, which counts Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi among its producers, appears to take a different tone from the duo's original comedy-horror trilogy.
The Evil Dead remake isn't for the squeamish, judging by the newly released red-band trailer.
The movie follows on the heels of director Sam Raimi's cult comedy-horror trilogy, starring Bruce Campbell. This time around, Fede Alvarez, the South American filmmaker who was behind the acclaimed short film Panic Attack, took the directing reins.
Both Raimi and Campbell serve as producers on the remake, but the new movie appears to take a much different tone than the trilogy, based on the trailer. Blood, gore, knives and massive open body wounds -- they're all here and more.
The remake, which hits theaters April 12, stars Suburgatory's Jane Levy, Red Riding Hood's Shiloh Fernandez and Friends With Benefits' Jessica Lucas along with relative newcomers Lou Taylor Pucci and Elizabeth Blackmore.
Alvarez wrote the Dead screenplay with Rodo Sayagues; Diablo Cody also worked on the script.
You can watch the trailer above, but consider yourself warned.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)