'Evil Dead' Trailer Is Bloody, Bloody Mayhem (Video)
In the remake of the 1981 horror classic, kids in a cabin stir demonic trouble that really spoils their planned weekend in the woods.
However you like your blood -- projectile vomited, flung wide by chainsaw hacks, dripping from a knife -- the remake of Evil Dead has you covered.
An update to the Sam Raimi-directed horror classic, this new film looks to up the ante on the strange mutations and excretions. Co-written by Oscar winner Diablo Cody and director Fede Alvarez, the movie stars Jane Levy (the Suburgatory star, here with brown hair and a demon tearing apart her insides) and Shiloh Fernandez as two of five twentysomethings who unlock ancient demons from a book (teaching college kids that books are their worst enemies).
The film, due for an April release, is the result of a long effort to remake the original after three sequels continued the franchise's legacy. It also comes on the heels of Raimi blocking the release of an unauthorized sequel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s