'Evil Dead's' Fede Alvarez Sells Top Secret Sci-Fi Project to MRC (Exclusive)
Alvarez is attached to direct and will co-write the sci-fi action project titled "Machina."
Fede Alvarez, who so gleefully directed the blood-soaked remake of Evil Dead, has sold Machina, a sci-fi action project to MRC.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, locked in the basement of a cabin in the woods.
It is known, however, that Alvarez will co-write the script with his partner Rodo Sayagues. Alvarez is also attached to direct.
Alvarez is the South American director who caught the town’s attention with the hot short Panic Attack, which featured giant robots attacking Montevideo, Uruguay.
That garnered him deal with Sam Riami’s Ghost House production banner to develop and direct an original project. While Alvarez was working on that project, Raimi offered him the chance to direct a remake of the filmmaker’s classic horror flick, Evil Dead.
Dead was released April 5 and grossed $54 million domestically (almost $98 million worldwide) on a budget of $17 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR