'Evil Dead's' Fede Alvarez Sells Top Secret Sci-Fi Project to MRC (Exclusive)
Alvarez is attached to direct and will co-write the sci-fi action project titled "Machina."
Fede Alvarez, who so gleefully directed the blood-soaked remake of Evil Dead, has sold Machina, a sci-fi action project to MRC.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, locked in the basement of a cabin in the woods.
It is known, however, that Alvarez will co-write the script with his partner Rodo Sayagues. Alvarez is also attached to direct.
Alvarez is the South American director who caught the town’s attention with the hot short Panic Attack, which featured giant robots attacking Montevideo, Uruguay.
That garnered him deal with Sam Riami’s Ghost House production banner to develop and direct an original project. While Alvarez was working on that project, Raimi offered him the chance to direct a remake of the filmmaker’s classic horror flick, Evil Dead.
Dead was released April 5 and grossed $54 million domestically (almost $98 million worldwide) on a budget of $17 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram