'Evil Dead's' Fede Alvarez Sells Top Secret Sci-Fi Project to MRC (Exclusive)
Alvarez is attached to direct and will co-write the sci-fi action project titled "Machina."
Fede Alvarez, who so gleefully directed the blood-soaked remake of Evil Dead, has sold Machina, a sci-fi action project to MRC.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, locked in the basement of a cabin in the woods.
It is known, however, that Alvarez will co-write the script with his partner Rodo Sayagues. Alvarez is also attached to direct.
Alvarez is the South American director who caught the town’s attention with the hot short Panic Attack, which featured giant robots attacking Montevideo, Uruguay.
That garnered him deal with Sam Riami’s Ghost House production banner to develop and direct an original project. While Alvarez was working on that project, Raimi offered him the chance to direct a remake of the filmmaker’s classic horror flick, Evil Dead.
Dead was released April 5 and grossed $54 million domestically (almost $98 million worldwide) on a budget of $17 million.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR