Expect the 'X-Men' and 'Fantastic Four' Movies to Cross Over
According to Fox's superhero creative consultant Mark Millar, it goes without question that fans should expect cameo crossovers between the studio's two Marvel Comics franchises.
His Kick-Ass 2 may not have fared so well in theaters this weekend, but Mark Millar still has much to be happy about -- not least of which is his role as creative consultant on Fox's X-Men and Fantastic Four movie franchises. Talking about the upcoming Fantastic Four movie reboot, Millar teased something that many fans have been wondering about: the possibility that the FF and X-Men movies will cross over, a la Marvel Studios' superhero flicks.
British magazine SFX has released a portion of a longer Q&A with Millar that'll appear in the next issue, which will be released Wednesday. In the excerpt, Millar said that "without question I think you have to see some of these guys showing up in each other's movies" when it comes to possible X-Men cameos in the Fantastic Four release.
"I think the most exciting thing in superhero movies, until The Avengers came along, was when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man," Millar said. "Even though it was a guy with an eye patch, it was really cool -- and I expect we will see more of that."
Talking about the Fantastic Four project in general, Millar admitted that Fox's earlier incarnation of the team -- with Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman and Chris Evans as the Human Torch -- was "not very good," but that he believed the key to getting it right this time lay in the choice of director.
"It sounds obvious and it is," he explained. "Sam Raimi gave us a great Spider-Man. Christopher Nolan gave us a great Batman. So a brilliant director is probably the most important thing for a great Fantastic Four. Tim Story [director of the earlier movies] was seen as an odd choice for Fantastic Four, but when you have a Josh Trank you know you are in safe hands."
The rebooted Fantastic Four is set for a 2015 release.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'