Fans Name 'Star Trek Into Darkness' as the Worst 'Trek' Movie Ever
Fans at this weekend's "Star Trek 2013" convention point to this summer's installment of the series as the weakest in the franchise's 12-movie history.
Galaxy Quest is the seventh greatest Star Trek movie ever made, according to Trek fans -- who also judged this summer's Star Trek Into Darkness to be the worst of all time. At least that's the pronouncement of fans from this past weekend's Star Trek 2013 Convention in Las Vegas, who were invited to rank the movies inspired by Gene Roddenberry's long-running space fantasy.
As Badass Digest's Devin Faraci shared, attendees to the "One Trek Mind Live" panel this weekend were asked to order the 12 official Trek movies -- and 1999's Galaxy Quest, which gently parodied the franchise and its fandom -- in terms of preference.
The results were pretty much as you might expect -- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was the favorite film, closely followed by Star Trek: First Contact, the second Next Generation movie, while the much-maligned Star Trek V: The Final Frontier propped up the bottom of the list -- with the distaste for Into Darkness coming out as the biggest surprise.
According to Faraci, "Star Trek Into Darkness was met with boos when it was mentioned, and one guy took the mic to say these reboots shouldn't even be considered for a list of Star Trek movies." Into Darkness was met with hardcore fan apathy when released in May -- although both fans and mainstream audiences seemed to enjoy it -- but that it's unpopular to the point of booing (or being named the least popular movie in the series, for that matter) may be something that Paramount and executive producers/writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman might want to take into account before planning the third movie in the rebooted series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws