Fantagraphics Launches Digital-Only 'Violenzia'
Independent publisher has released its first exclusively digital comic book through ComiXology's platform.
With a Kickstarter campaign to fund its spring 2014 catalog still running, Seattle-based independent comic publisher Fantagraphics is branching out with its latest release, Richard Sala's pulp mystery Violenzia. The 50-page graphic novel is the publisher's first digital-only release.
Fantagraphics associate publisher Eric Reynolds said that original digital releases were "a new model for us … Not a better model, but a different model." He added that Sala was "one of [Fantagraphics'] most beloved authors, and recently he has built up a considerable and new following online, via his Tumblr and other social media, so when he proposed Violenzia it seemed like the perfect opportunity to experiment with a digital-only release."
Violenzia is exclusive to the ComiXology platform, continuing a partnership between the companies that launched in July 2012 with the announcement of the digital release of the publisher's critically acclaimed Love & Rockets series. ComiXology CEO and co-founder David Steinberger said in a statement that the company was "thrilled that Fantagraphics partnered with us to bring Richard Sala’s beautiful and hilarious Violenzia to comiXology and our worldwide audience."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!