Simon Kinberg Tapped to Write 'Fantastic Four' (Exclusive)
The "X-Men: Days of Future Past" co-scribe will also act as a producer on the reboot.
Simon Kinberg is checking into the Baxter Building.
Kinberg is coming on board to write Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot. He will also be a producer on the project, joining Matthew Vaughn, his X-Men: First Class colleague.
Josh Trank remains on board to direct the movie, which centers on the heroes whose Marvel comics kicked off in 1961. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Fantastic Four features a “family” of heroes -- scientist Mr. Fantastic; his wife, Invisible Girl; her brother, the Human Torch; and Fantastic’s best friend, the Thing -- who have sci-fi-tinged adventures while headquartered in the Baxter Building, a high-rise in New York City.
Fox has been working on a reboot for quite some time, with Jeremy Slater, Michael Green, Seth Grahame-Smith and T.S. Nowlin all having worked on versions.
Sources say Kinberg may be overhauling the script substantially.
Kinberg is no stranger to the Marvel universe. He worked on X-Men: Last Stand and produced the aforementioned X-Men: First Class and is working as co-writer and producer of Fox’s latest X-Men installment, next summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
He is repped by CAA and Jackoway Tyerman.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, & Austin Butler Get in a Group Workout!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!