Simon Kinberg Tapped to Write 'Fantastic Four' (Exclusive)
The "X-Men: Days of Future Past" co-scribe will also act as a producer on the reboot.
Simon Kinberg is checking into the Baxter Building.
Kinberg is coming on board to write Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot. He will also be a producer on the project, joining Matthew Vaughn, his X-Men: First Class colleague.
Josh Trank remains on board to direct the movie, which centers on the heroes whose Marvel comics kicked off in 1961. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Fantastic Four features a “family” of heroes -- scientist Mr. Fantastic; his wife, Invisible Girl; her brother, the Human Torch; and Fantastic’s best friend, the Thing -- who have sci-fi-tinged adventures while headquartered in the Baxter Building, a high-rise in New York City.
Fox has been working on a reboot for quite some time, with Jeremy Slater, Michael Green, Seth Grahame-Smith and T.S. Nowlin all having worked on versions.
Sources say Kinberg may be overhauling the script substantially.
Kinberg is no stranger to the Marvel universe. He worked on X-Men: Last Stand and produced the aforementioned X-Men: First Class and is working as co-writer and producer of Fox’s latest X-Men installment, next summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
He is repped by CAA and Jackoway Tyerman.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!