Fantastic Fest: Keanu Reeves Will Debate Founder Tim League (Exclusive)
Reeves' directorial debut "Man of Tai Chi" will screen at the fest on Saturday, Sept. 21.
At this year's Fantastic Fest, the unique event Fantastic Debates will feature Keanu Reeves and boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Fantastic Debates features Alamo CEO and Fantastic Fest co-founder Tim League sparring in a verbal debate followed by a round of boxing.
Reeves will participate in the event after the screening of his directorial debut Man of Tai Chi, which will screen on Saturday, Sept. 21. He will spar in a formal debate with League before boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen takes on League in the ring. The event begins at midnight.
The topic of debate will be: “Resolved: Tai Chi is a martial art relegated to elderly Chinese women and is inferior in every way to Tae Kwon Do.”
In previous years, League has debated/fought Michelle Rodriguez and there has also been a Hobbit fight between Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan.
Man of Tai Chi chronicles the life of a young martial artist who becomes a part of an underground fight club. Reeves also stars in the film, which will be released in North America by Radius-TWC, The Weinstein Company's boutique label.
Fantastic Fest runs Sept. 19-26 at the Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"