Fantastic Fest: Keanu Reeves Will Debate Founder Tim League (Exclusive)
Reeves' directorial debut "Man of Tai Chi" will screen at the fest on Saturday, Sept. 21.
At this year's Fantastic Fest, the unique event Fantastic Debates will feature Keanu Reeves and boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Fantastic Debates features Alamo CEO and Fantastic Fest co-founder Tim League sparring in a verbal debate followed by a round of boxing.
Reeves will participate in the event after the screening of his directorial debut Man of Tai Chi, which will screen on Saturday, Sept. 21. He will spar in a formal debate with League before boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen takes on League in the ring. The event begins at midnight.
The topic of debate will be: “Resolved: Tai Chi is a martial art relegated to elderly Chinese women and is inferior in every way to Tae Kwon Do.”
In previous years, League has debated/fought Michelle Rodriguez and there has also been a Hobbit fight between Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan.
Man of Tai Chi chronicles the life of a young martial artist who becomes a part of an underground fight club. Reeves also stars in the film, which will be released in North America by Radius-TWC, The Weinstein Company's boutique label.
Fantastic Fest runs Sept. 19-26 at the Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed