Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie Starring in Voodoo Horror Film
Mike Epps and Sanaa Lathan are also on board "Vipaka," directed by Philippe Caland.
Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie, Mike Epps and Sanaa Lathan are starring in Vipaka, a psychological voodoo horror movie that Philippe Caland is directing.
Written by Shin Shimosawa, the story follows a severely disturbed contractor (Whitaker) seeks help from a life coach (Mackie). What begins as an honest therapy session becomes a twisted and dangerous psychological game, when he abducts the life coach and uses his spiritual messages to terrorize him and his family.
Lathan is Mackie's wife while Epps is his brother.
Production begins this week in New Orleans.
Whittaker and Nina Yang are producing through the duo's Significant Pictures Caland wrote and directed Whitaker's 2007 thriller Ripple Effect and co-wrote Boxing Helena.
Shimosawa, a co-producer on The Grudge movies, co-wrote the 2008 horror movie The Echo and is a staff writer on the Sarah Michelle Gellar show The Ringer.
WME-repped Whitaker, who won an Oscar for his performance in 2007's Last King of Scotland, last starred in TV's Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, where he worked with Shimosawa.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter’s 25 Most Powerful Stylists 2014, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR