Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie Starring in Voodoo Horror Film
Mike Epps and Sanaa Lathan are also on board "Vipaka," directed by Philippe Caland.
Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie, Mike Epps and Sanaa Lathan are starring in Vipaka, a psychological voodoo horror movie that Philippe Caland is directing.
Written by Shin Shimosawa, the story follows a severely disturbed contractor (Whitaker) seeks help from a life coach (Mackie). What begins as an honest therapy session becomes a twisted and dangerous psychological game, when he abducts the life coach and uses his spiritual messages to terrorize him and his family.
Lathan is Mackie's wife while Epps is his brother.
Production begins this week in New Orleans.
Whittaker and Nina Yang are producing through the duo's Significant Pictures Caland wrote and directed Whitaker's 2007 thriller Ripple Effect and co-wrote Boxing Helena.
Shimosawa, a co-producer on The Grudge movies, co-wrote the 2008 horror movie The Echo and is a staff writer on the Sarah Michelle Gellar show The Ringer.
WME-repped Whitaker, who won an Oscar for his performance in 2007's Last King of Scotland, last starred in TV's Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, where he worked with Shimosawa.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche