Fox Picks Up Biblical Thriller Script 'The Unseen' (Exclusive)
John Travis wrote the script based on a tale from John Connolly's collection of short stories "Nocturnes."
Fox has bought biblical thriller script The Unseen, written by John Travis, with Hutch Parker attached to produce, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The script is based on the short story Mr. Pettinger’s Daemon, which appeared in John Connolly's collection of short fiction stories Nocturnes. The plot centers on a hospital cleric who is tasked with treating a fellow clergyman in a remote parish who has been displaying severe signs of mental illness. When he arrives, he discovers that the root of his colleague's erratic behavior is a biblical force of evil that is trying to surface from deep below the church.
Connolly is perhaps best known for his Charlie Parker series, which began with Every Dead Thing in 1999. He's repped by APA and Darley Anderson Literary Agency in the U.K.
Travis' credits include The New Daughter, starring Kevin Costner, and The Haunting of Molly Hartley, starring Haley Bennett, Jake Weber and Chace Crawford. He's repped by APA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Rob Szymanski.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences