Fox's Sci-Fi 'Rosa' Finds Writer
Will Dunn will pen the project, which is based on an animated short by Jesus Orellana.
Will Dunn is being tapped to write Rosa, 20th Century Fox’s sci-fi project based on an animated short from Jesus Orellana.
Orellana is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by Simon Kinberg as well as Raymond Brothers and Scott Glassgold of IAM Entertainment.
Rosa, which made waves when it played at several film festivals last year, is described as “an epic sci-fi short film that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where all natural life has disappeared. From the destruction awakes Rosa, a cyborg deployed from the Kernel project, mankind’s last attempt to restore the earth’s ecosystem. Rosa will soon learn that she is not the only entity that has awakened and must fight for her survival.”
Orellana, a comic book artist, made the short from his home computer in Barcelona, with the intent of directing a full-length feature.
Aditya Sood is overseeing for Kinberg's Genre Films.
Dunn, repped by WME and the Safran Co., made waves when his sci-fi spec Ion was optioned in 2010 by Ridley Scott’s Scott Free production company with Channing Tatum attached to star. He comes to Rosa via Fox's writing program.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images