Fox's Sci-Fi 'Rosa' Finds Writer
Will Dunn will pen the project, which is based on an animated short by Jesus Orellana.
Will Dunn is being tapped to write Rosa, 20th Century Fox’s sci-fi project based on an animated short from Jesus Orellana.
Orellana is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by Simon Kinberg as well as Raymond Brothers and Scott Glassgold of IAM Entertainment.
Rosa, which made waves when it played at several film festivals last year, is described as “an epic sci-fi short film that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where all natural life has disappeared. From the destruction awakes Rosa, a cyborg deployed from the Kernel project, mankind’s last attempt to restore the earth’s ecosystem. Rosa will soon learn that she is not the only entity that has awakened and must fight for her survival.”
Orellana, a comic book artist, made the short from his home computer in Barcelona, with the intent of directing a full-length feature.
Aditya Sood is overseeing for Kinberg's Genre Films.
Dunn, repped by WME and the Safran Co., made waves when his sci-fi spec Ion was optioned in 2010 by Ridley Scott’s Scott Free production company with Channing Tatum attached to star. He comes to Rosa via Fox's writing program.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)