Fox Sets Tim Miller to Direct 'Deadpool'
The 20th Century Fox film will be the VFX expert’s directorial debut.
Moving ahead with X-Men Origins: Deadpool, 20th Century Fox has set VFX expert Tim Miller to direct the movie. Studio also has closed a producing deal with Ryan Reynolds, who is attached to star.
Deadpool will serve as the directorial debut for Miller, who has done effects work on the Bryan Singer-directed X-Men movies, Daredevil and Scott Pilgrim vs the World, among others.
The Marvel character Deadpool, a.k.a. Wade Wilson, is a talkative mercenary with a host powers, including the ability to heal at a fast rate.
Ryan Reynolds played Wilson in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, while Scott Adkins played the character of Deadpool after Wilson had transformed.
Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are writing the script for Deadpool, being produced by Lauren Shuler Donner.
Miller is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR