Fox's 'Daredevil' Relaunch Hires 'Fringe' Writer Brad Caleb Kane
With X-Men: First Class having successfully relaunched its X-Men franchise, Fox is turning its attention to the reboot of Daredevil, the blind but sonar-powered Marvel superhero last played on screen by Ben Affleck in 2003.
Brad Caleb Kane, a writer-producer on cult Fox TV show Fringe, has been hired to pen the franchise’s relaunch, which has high ambitions: Kane is being asked to adapt one of the most influential and acclaimed comic stories of all time, Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli’s "Born Again" run from Daredevil.
Fox is tackling the project with Regency.
David Slade is developing and attached to direct the new Daredevil movie. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark of Chernin Entertainment are producing.
While Kane only has one produced feature to his credit -- he worked on the crime drama Brooklyn’s Finest -- the scribe has gained a following around town for that strong script. He worked on DreamWorks’ View-Master movie, a Richard Pryor biopic that has Bill Condon attached to direct, and a draft of The Historian, Columbia’s planned adaptation of the Elizabeth Kostova vampire novel.
Kane is a Daredevil fan, and his energy and passion for the material helped him nab the job, according to insiders.
Kane is repped by WME and attorney Tara Kole.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram