'Fraggle Rock' Movie Gets a Pair of Writers (Exclusive)
Jim Byrkit and Alex Manugian will pen the script for the adaptation of the Jim Henson-created 1980s TV show.
Rango co-writer Jim Byrkit and Alex Manugian have been happed to pen the script for Fraggle Rock, New Regency’s big-screen adaptation of the 1980s musical puppet series created by Jim Henson.
Initially a Canadian series that became a hit internationally (in the U.S. it played on HBO), Rock told the adventures of a group of cave-dwelling puppet creatures called Fraggles. In their lives are a race of small industrious creatures named Doozers, who live in the caves, and the Gorgs, furry giants who look at Fraggles as nuisances.
A feature has long been in the works at other companies with the property being set up at New Regency in 2011.
The Jim Henson Co. and the Montecito Picture Co. are producing.
PHOTOS: 11 Children's Movies With Political Agendas? You Betcha, Say ConservativesByrkit shared story credit on Rango with Gore Verbinski and John Logan. He was also a storyboard artist on Oscar-nominated animated movie and worked with Verbinski in the same capacity on The Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Manugian is a former Cartoon Network executive who did some voicework on Rango.
Together they wrote the spec Fleeced, a sort of Ocean's 11 meets Jason and the Argonauts, which is set up at Disney.
The duo is repped by Eric Robinson and Eddie Gamarra of The Gotham Group. Byrkit is additionally repped by Gersh.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!