Frank Miller to Consult on 'Superman vs. Batman'? (Report)
A report in a British newspaper suggests that the writer and artist of "The Dark Knight Returns" may discuss 2015's follow-up to "Man of Steel" with director Zack Snyder.
When Zack Snyder announced 2015's Batman vs. Superman at San Diego Comic-Con last month, he did so with a quote from The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. According to one report, that might not be the limit to Miller's connection with the follow-up to Man of Steel.
The Independent quotes an anonymous "source close to Miller" as saying that the writer and artist of Sin City, Daredevil and 300 "had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He's going to be meeting up with Zack in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that."
Snyder has an existing relationship with Miller from directing the movie adaptation of 300, of course, so the idea of Miller assisting in some way on the 2015 superhero movie isn't necessarily out of the question. Plotting a clash between the two heroes wouldn't necessarily be new ground for Miller, either; in addition to the Superman/Batman fight in The Dark Knight Returns, he's pit the two against each other in both its sequel DK2 and the quasi-prequel he wrote for artist Jim Lee, All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder (although the latter series doesn't see the two meet, only oppose each other at a distance).
Should this rumor turn out to be true, fans can pretty much guess how the fight between the two will end up. Every single time Miller has written a Batman/Superman fight, the Man of Steel has ended up humiliated by his masked counterpart. Could Snyder's love for the Man of Steel even the odds for their first cinematic tussle? We'll find out the answer in a couple of years.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!