Frank Miller to Consult on 'Superman vs. Batman'? (Report)
A report in a British newspaper suggests that the writer and artist of "The Dark Knight Returns" may discuss 2015's follow-up to "Man of Steel" with director Zack Snyder.
When Zack Snyder announced 2015's Batman vs. Superman at San Diego Comic-Con last month, he did so with a quote from The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. According to one report, that might not be the limit to Miller's connection with the follow-up to Man of Steel.
The Independent quotes an anonymous "source close to Miller" as saying that the writer and artist of Sin City, Daredevil and 300 "had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He's going to be meeting up with Zack in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that."
Snyder has an existing relationship with Miller from directing the movie adaptation of 300, of course, so the idea of Miller assisting in some way on the 2015 superhero movie isn't necessarily out of the question. Plotting a clash between the two heroes wouldn't necessarily be new ground for Miller, either; in addition to the Superman/Batman fight in The Dark Knight Returns, he's pit the two against each other in both its sequel DK2 and the quasi-prequel he wrote for artist Jim Lee, All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder (although the latter series doesn't see the two meet, only oppose each other at a distance).
Should this rumor turn out to be true, fans can pretty much guess how the fight between the two will end up. Every single time Miller has written a Batman/Superman fight, the Man of Steel has ended up humiliated by his masked counterpart. Could Snyder's love for the Man of Steel even the odds for their first cinematic tussle? We'll find out the answer in a couple of years.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David