'Sherlock' Director Boards Fox's 'Frankenstein'
Paul McGuigan is in final negotiations; "Chronicle" scribe Max Landis wrote the script for the film.
Paul McGuigan is in final negoations to direct Fox’s untitled Frankenstein project.
Fox-based John Davis is producing the project, which promises a new take on the Mary Shelley novel via a script by Chronicle scribe Max Landis.
Fox considers the project a priority and wants to get it out there before competing Frankenstein projects make their moves. Last fall, Shawn Levy circled Frankenstein but it didn’t stick.
McGuigan is currently riding high off of Sherlock, BBC’s acclaimed Sherlock series starring Benedict Cumberbatch. McGuinan directed the three movie-length episodes that made up the show’s second season.
He previously directed the movies Lucky Number Slevin and Push.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR