'Friday the 13th' Writers Set Up New Horror Movie at Paramount (Exclusive)
The duo set up the film, which they plan to write and direct, at the studio where their former franchise first started.
Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, the writing team behind the recent Friday the 13th remake as well as Freddy vs. Jason, are developing an untitled horror project at Paramount.
Mary Parent is producing via her Disruption Entertainment banner.
Details of the pitch are being kept tightly locked up, although it is known to contain a high school setting. Shannon and Swift will now write the script and are attached to make their directorial debut with the project.
Cale Boyter is overseeing for Disruption.
On top of penning horror scripts, Shannon and Swift have previously worked on comic book adaptations Hawaiian Dick and Power and Glory, both set up at New Line.
The duo is repped by Magnet Management and McKuin Frankel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR