'Friday the 13th' Writers Set Up New Horror Movie at Paramount (Exclusive)
The duo set up the film, which they plan to write and direct, at the studio where their former franchise first started.
Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, the writing team behind the recent Friday the 13th remake as well as Freddy vs. Jason, are developing an untitled horror project at Paramount.
Mary Parent is producing via her Disruption Entertainment banner.
Details of the pitch are being kept tightly locked up, although it is known to contain a high school setting. Shannon and Swift will now write the script and are attached to make their directorial debut with the project.
Cale Boyter is overseeing for Disruption.
On top of penning horror scripts, Shannon and Swift have previously worked on comic book adaptations Hawaiian Dick and Power and Glory, both set up at New Line.
The duo is repped by Magnet Management and McKuin Frankel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!