'Fright Night' Writer to Pen 'Ouija' Screenplay (Exclusive)
Marti Noxon will work on the script for Hasbro and Platinum Dunes.
Ouija may not have a studio home, but the supernatural project is still very much alive and kicking.
Hasbro, which is financing development, and Platinum Dunes, the shingle producing the project, have hired well-regarded scribe Marti Noxon to work on the script.
Noxon cut her teeth and gained geek cred with her work on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and most recently wrote the remake of Fright Night.
Ouija was set up at Universal but was untethered in late August due to budgetary concerns. The move followed Universal's letting go of another Hasbro property, Monopoly.
But Noxon’s hiring shows Hasbro is still very keen on the Ouija project, and is unafraid to spearhead its own development, mirroring moves already made on the Monopoly project. In September, Hasbro and Ridley Scott, who is producing Monopoly, set Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski to pen a script.
Ouija is still envisioned as a family adventure in the tone of The Mummy centering on a family who has to deal with otherwordly chaos that is unleashed.
Noxon, who also did a pass on Lionsgate’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing