'Fringe' Star Boards Crime Dark Comedy 'The Mule'
John Noble is joining Hugo Weaving in the Australian production.
Fringe star John Noble will join Hugo Weaving in The Mule, an Australian crime black comedy being directed by Tony Mahony.
Screen Australia is co-financing the movie, which will be selling in Cannes. Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannel are producing.
The script, written by Sampson and Whannel, centers on an unlikely drug mule who challenges the authority figures in his life. The film is described as being in the tone of Fargo.
Noble will play a natural-born criminal who owns a local hotspot that is a cover for gambling and drug distribution.
The movie is planning shots in Melbourne and Bangkok.
Noble also is known for playing Denathor in the Lord of the Rings movies, in which Weaving also appeared. He is repped by Coast to Coast Talent and Seven Summits.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game