FSG to Launch 'Digital Originals Line with Warren Ellis' 'Dead Pig Collector'
A love story from 'Transmetropolitan' and 'Gun Machine' writer Ellis is the first in a series of 'Digital Originals' from Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
Less than two months after conflict between the author and original publisher left the book homeless, Warren Ellis's new digital novella Dead Pig Collector has been officially announced as the launch title for a new line of "Digital Originals" from publishing house Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
The title -- a love story that focuses on Mister Sun, "a very proficient businessman whose trade is the murder and spotless removal of human beings," according to the publisher -- was originally scheduled to be published last month by Mulholland Books, but was cancelled at the last minute "due to continuing issues," according to Ellis.
Within a week, FSG had picked up the title, having already established a relationship with the Transmetropolitan, Planetary and RED creator on next year's non-fiction release Spirit Tracks. Today it was revealed that Dead Pig Collector will be the first book in a line that will continue with a title from San Francisco-based author Robin Sloan.
Dead Pig Collector will be released digitally on July 30.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR