'Game of Thrones' Actress in Talks to Join 'The Counselor' (Exclusive)
The drug drama's all-star cast includes Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
Natalie Dormer, who plays Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of The Counselor.
Author Cormac McCarthy wrote the drug drama as an original work, and Ridley Scott is directing. The cast includes Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
The story, like McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men, is set along the Mexican border. It centers on an attorney (Fassbender), a good man in need of money, who decides to dabble in the cocaine trade. He teams up with a rich acquaintance (Bardem) for a new business that also brings in a shady type (Pitt). Things don’t go as planned, in what is described as a dialogue-heavy, violent and racy script.
Nick Wechsler and Paula Mae Schwartz are producing.
Dormer’s role is undisclosed but is supporting in nature.
The actress’ feature credits include Captain America: The First Avenger and Madonna’s directing vehicle W.E. She also played Anne Boleyn on Showtime’s The Tudors.
Dormer is repped by Untitled Entertainment and United Agents in the U.K.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR