'Game of Thrones' Actress in Talks to Join 'The Counselor' (Exclusive)
The drug drama's all-star cast includes Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
Natalie Dormer, who plays Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of The Counselor.
Author Cormac McCarthy wrote the drug drama as an original work, and Ridley Scott is directing. The cast includes Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
The story, like McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men, is set along the Mexican border. It centers on an attorney (Fassbender), a good man in need of money, who decides to dabble in the cocaine trade. He teams up with a rich acquaintance (Bardem) for a new business that also brings in a shady type (Pitt). Things don’t go as planned, in what is described as a dialogue-heavy, violent and racy script.
Nick Wechsler and Paula Mae Schwartz are producing.
Dormer’s role is undisclosed but is supporting in nature.
The actress’ feature credits include Captain America: The First Avenger and Madonna’s directing vehicle W.E. She also played Anne Boleyn on Showtime’s The Tudors.
Dormer is repped by Untitled Entertainment and United Agents in the U.K.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm