'Game of Thrones,' 'Mad Men' Actors Join 'Mortal Instruments'
Lena Headey and Jared Harris will co-star with Lily Collins for the YA adaptation.
Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey and Mad Men’s Jared Harris have joined the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Godfrey Gao has also joined the production.
Harald Zwart is directing the movie, an adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s YA fantasy novel from Constantin Film and Unique Pictures.
Lily Collins leads the cast as a young woman who discovers she is the descendant of a secret cadre of half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect the world from demons. Jessica Postigo and I. Marlene King wrote the script.
Headey, who plays Cersei Lannister on the acclaimed HBO show, appeared in 300 and will be seen in September’s Dredd 3D. She is repped by CAA, Troika in the UK, and Kraditor & Haber.
Harris, who played Lane Pryce in AMC’s Mad Men, is portraying Ulysses S. Grant in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, which opens in December. He is repped by Paradigm and Gateway Management.
Canadian actors Gao appeared in an indie titled All About Women.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game