Garcelle Beauvais Joins 'White House Down' (Exclusive)
Beauvais is reuniting with Jamie Foxx, with whom she starred in the WB sitcom "The Jamie Foxx Show."
Garcelle Beauvais is reuniting with Jamie Foxx for White House Down, Sony’s action thriller being directed by Roland Emmerich.
Channing Tatum is starring in the movie as a Secret Service agent who jumps into action when a paramilitary group takes over 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Jamie Foxx is playing the president.
Beauvais starred opposite Foxx in the latter’s sitcom, The Jamie Foxx Show, which ran on WB from 1996 to 2001. Her character was the object of Foxx’s attention for much of the run, with the two eventually dating and even getting engaged.
You could say the characters got their happily ever after as Beauvais will play Foxx’s wife, the First Lady, in the movie, which shoots in Montreal this fall.
Beauvais will next be seen in Flight, Robert Zemeckis’ return to live-action moviemaking and which opens Nov. 2. She is repped by SDB Partners, Luber Roklin Entertainment and Edelstein, Laird & Sobel.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum