Garrett Hedlund in Negotiations to Star in 'Akira' for Warner Bros.
The 'Tron: Legacy' actor would join the adaptation of the manga classic being directed by Jaume Collet-Sera.
While Tron:Legacy didn’t make him a star, Garrett Hedlund will probably get another shot at the brass ring with Akira.
The actor is in negotiations to star as Kaneda in Warner Bros’ adaptation of the Japanese manga classic being directed by Jaume Collet-Sera. To sum up the sprawling plot succinctly: In post-apocalyptic New Manhattan, a motorcycle gang leader (Hedlund) must stop fellow gang member and his brother from abusing his newly acquired telekinetic powers.
The movie has been long in the works, with its budget finally being approved two weeks ago, paving the way for offers to go out. Helena Bonham Carter and Gary Oldman have been approached for roles, as has Keira Knightley. Thus far, only Hedlund has engaged.
Hedlund is best known for his work on the film version of Friday Night Lights, but he has appeared in movies such as Country Strong. His first screen appearance was in Troy, where he played Brad Pitt’s cousin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR