Gary Oldman Joining Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace in 'Child 44' (Exclusive)
Daniel Espinosa is directing the Soviet-era thriller produced by Ridley Scott and Michael Schaefer.
Gary Oldman is signing on to join Tom Hardy in Child 44, a 1950s Soviet-era thriller being produced by Ridley Scott and Michael Schaefer via the Scott Free banner. Lionsgate is distributing.
Daniel Espinosa is directing the thriller, which follows a member of the Soviet military police (Hardy) who, while investigating a series of child murders, finds himself the target of his own government’s suspicions.
In what should prove to be a meaty role, Oldman will play the head of police who is acting on those suspicions.
Noomi Rapace is playing Hardy’s chameleon-like wife, while Joel Kinnaman is playing an ambitious and murderous co-worker.
Richard Price wrote the script, adapting the Tom Rob Smith novel.
Worldview Entertainment will co-finance and executive produce the film with Summit Entertainment. Elishia Holmes is exec producing, as is Douglas Urbanski. A June 10 production start is being eyed.
The in-demand Oldman continues his hot streak. The Child 44 dealmaking comes just weeks after the actor landed a major role in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and on the heels of wrapping up shooting MGM's remake of Robocop.
Oldman is repped by his manager Douglas Urbanski, APA, and Loeb and Loeb.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg