Gary Oldman Joins Kevin Costner in 'Criminal' (Exclusive)
"Iceman" director Ariel Vromen is on board to helm the action thriller.
Gary Oldman, whose Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is opening this weekend to some of the best reviews of the year, is in negotiations to board Criminal, a thriller from Millennium Films.
Kevin Costner is starring in the movie, which centers on a dead CIA operative's memories, secrets and skills that are implanted into a dangerous prison inmate in hopes that he will stop a diabolical plot.
If a deal makes, Oldman would play a CIA chief.
Ariel Vromen, who wrote and directed The Iceman, is directing Criminal. Douglas Cook and David Weisberg wrote the script.
Producing are Chris Bender, J.C. Spink, and Matt O'Toole. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, Mark Gill, John Thompson, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Christine Crowe, Jake Weiner, and Jason Bloom (phew!) are executive producing.
Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman and Jason Bloom are exec producing.
Oldman also appeared in this year’s Robocop remake and has Child 44, a Soviet-era thriller with Tom Hardy and Joel Kinnaman, in the can.
He is repped by APA and manager Douglas Urbanski.
Follow Heat Vision
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'