Gary Oldman Joins Kevin Costner in 'Criminal' (Exclusive)
"Iceman" director Ariel Vromen is on board to helm the action thriller.
Gary Oldman, whose Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is opening this weekend to some of the best reviews of the year, is in negotiations to board Criminal, a thriller from Millennium Films.
Kevin Costner is starring in the movie, which centers on a dead CIA operative's memories, secrets and skills that are implanted into a dangerous prison inmate in hopes that he will stop a diabolical plot.
If a deal makes, Oldman would play a CIA chief.
Ariel Vromen, who wrote and directed The Iceman, is directing Criminal. Douglas Cook and David Weisberg wrote the script.
Producing are Chris Bender, J.C. Spink, and Matt O'Toole. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, Mark Gill, John Thompson, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Christine Crowe, Jake Weiner, and Jason Bloom (phew!) are executive producing.
Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman and Jason Bloom are exec producing.
Oldman also appeared in this year’s Robocop remake and has Child 44, a Soviet-era thriller with Tom Hardy and Joel Kinnaman, in the can.
He is repped by APA and manager Douglas Urbanski.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum