Gary Oldman Joining MGM's 'Robocop' Remake (Exclusive)
The actor will star opposite Joel Kinnaman in the remake of Paul Verhoeven's sci-fi action classic.
Gary Oldman has inked a deal to star opposite Joel Kinnaman in MGM’s remake of Robocop.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which is being produced by Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman.
Kinnaman (The Killing) plays the title character, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Oldman will play Norton, the scientist who creates Robocop and finds himself torn between the ideals of the machine trying to rediscover its humanity and the callous needs of a corporation.
The production is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Oldman, repped by APA and manager Douglas Urbanski, will next be seen as Commissioner Gordon in The Dark Knight Rises. His period crime movie Lawless, which also stars Shia LaBeouf and Tom Hardy, just premiered in Cannes. With movies such as Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and the Harry Potter series under his belt, Oldman has the distinction of being the top-grossing actor of all time. He also was nominated for an Oscar this year for his performance in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)