Geoffrey Rush Joining Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Gerard Butler in 'Gods of Egypt' (Exclusive)
Geoffrey Rush has closed a deal to join Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Gerard Butler in Summit's epic fantasy Gods of Egypt.
Alex Proyas is directing the project, whose story is set in motion when one ruling god, Set, kills another, Osiris. When Osiris' son Horus fails in his attempt to get revenge, and has his eyed plucked out, it's up to a young human thief in love with a slave to help defeat the mad god.
Coster-Waldau is playing Horus. Butler is in talks to play Set, the god of the desert.
Rush will play the sun god Ra, the father of Set and Osiris who is also Set’s ultimate target.
Proyas will share screenwriting credits with Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazamat.
Basil Iwanyk will produce via his Thunder Road Productions banner along with Proyas and his Mystery Clock Cinema banner.
Rush, who has spent the last decade nicely chewing scenery as the pirate Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, has The Book Thief, the adaptation of the Markus Zusak novel, coming out in theaters Nov. 15.
He is repped by CAA.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!