Geoffrey Rush Recruited for 'Green Lantern'
The "King's Speech" actor will voice the role of intergalactic police officer Tomar-Re.
Geoffrey Rush has been tapped to voice the role of Tomar-Re, a key member of the Green Lantern Corps in Warner Bros.'s Green Lantern.
Tomar-Re, in comics lore, was a scientist before joining the intergalactic police corps where he was instrumental in training new members. The character helps train Hal Jordan, being portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the movie.
Lantern, being directed by Martin Campbell, is in furious post-production to make sure its visual effects are up to snuff as it tries to meet its June 17 release date. Adding actors to vocie characters this late in the film's process is a fairly common practice with Hollywood tentpoles.
Rush was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The King's Speech and will be seen again in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in May.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!