Geoffrey Rush Recruited for 'Green Lantern'
The "King's Speech" actor will voice the role of intergalactic police officer Tomar-Re.
Geoffrey Rush has been tapped to voice the role of Tomar-Re, a key member of the Green Lantern Corps in Warner Bros.'s Green Lantern.
Tomar-Re, in comics lore, was a scientist before joining the intergalactic police corps where he was instrumental in training new members. The character helps train Hal Jordan, being portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the movie.
Lantern, being directed by Martin Campbell, is in furious post-production to make sure its visual effects are up to snuff as it tries to meet its June 17 release date. Adding actors to vocie characters this late in the film's process is a fairly common practice with Hollywood tentpoles.
Rush was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The King's Speech and will be seen again in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack