Geoffrey Rush Recruited for 'Green Lantern'
The "King's Speech" actor will voice the role of intergalactic police officer Tomar-Re.
Geoffrey Rush has been tapped to voice the role of Tomar-Re, a key member of the Green Lantern Corps in Warner Bros.'s Green Lantern.
Tomar-Re, in comics lore, was a scientist before joining the intergalactic police corps where he was instrumental in training new members. The character helps train Hal Jordan, being portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the movie.
Lantern, being directed by Martin Campbell, is in furious post-production to make sure its visual effects are up to snuff as it tries to meet its June 17 release date. Adding actors to vocie characters this late in the film's process is a fairly common practice with Hollywood tentpoles.
Rush was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The King's Speech and will be seen again in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in May.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!