Geoffrey Rush Recruited for 'Green Lantern'
The "King's Speech" actor will voice the role of intergalactic police officer Tomar-Re.
Geoffrey Rush has been tapped to voice the role of Tomar-Re, a key member of the Green Lantern Corps in Warner Bros.'s Green Lantern.
Tomar-Re, in comics lore, was a scientist before joining the intergalactic police corps where he was instrumental in training new members. The character helps train Hal Jordan, being portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the movie.
Lantern, being directed by Martin Campbell, is in furious post-production to make sure its visual effects are up to snuff as it tries to meet its June 17 release date. Adding actors to vocie characters this late in the film's process is a fairly common practice with Hollywood tentpoles.
Rush was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The King's Speech and will be seen again in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in May.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!