George Clooney in Talks to Star in Disney's Top-Secret Sci-Fi Movie
Damon Lindelof wrote the script and is producing the film, which has been described as being in the vein of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."
George Clooney could be headed to Disney for the first time in his movie career.
The actor is in negotiations to star in the studio’s ultra-secret sci-fi project written by Damon Lindelof and directed by Brad Bird, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project was originally working under the temporary title 1952 but switched to being called Tesla. It is now back to being called 1952. Both titles are understood to be fake names, much like Blue Harvest was the code name for Star Wars.
The plot is being kept under wraps, though it has been described as being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Steven Spielberg’s 1978 movie about a man searching for extra-terrestrials on Earth.
The project is one of a handful of live-action efforts that the studio’s movie division hopes to ramp up next year in what might be its most active period in years. The studio is looking at a new 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie to be directed by David Fincher and a live-action Cinderella, among other projects.
Follow Heat Vision
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'