'G.I. Joe' Actor to Play Keanu Reeves Role in 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is already starring in Alcon's remake.
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Killing's Mireille Enos Welcomes Second Child with Husband Alan Ruck!
- Pippa Middleton Gets Back to Work After Attending Nephew Prince George's 1st Birthday Bash!
- Taylor Schilling Is Such a Sweetheart to Fans at 'Letterman'!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer, Starring Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan, Will Be Released Tomorrow!