'G.I. Joe' Actor to Play Keanu Reeves Role in 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is already starring in Alcon's remake.
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'