'G.I. Joe' Actor to Play Keanu Reeves Role in 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is already starring in Alcon's remake.
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'