'G.I. Joe' Actor to Play Keanu Reeves Role in 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is already starring in Alcon's remake.
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- How Jasmine Guy Came Up With That Distinctive Accent For 'A Different World' (VIDEO)
- Pantera's Singer, Phil Anselmo, Teaches Comedian Dave Hill How To METAL
- The MovieFilm Podcast: The Avengers 2 Trailer is Here!
- Peek Inside 'Into The Woods' With Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, And More | Inside Movies | EW.com
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shares One of the Most Important Makeup Skills She's Learned
- Holland Roden & 'Faking It's Rita Volk Lead 'Teenage Wasteland' Panel
- Taylor Swift Learns Adam Levine's Weakness By Mentoring On 'The Voice'
- Scott Eastwood Can't Wait to Catch the Waves in 'Dawn Patrol' Exclusive Clip - Watch Now!