'G.I. Joe' Actor to Play Keanu Reeves Role in 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is already starring in Alcon's remake.
Luke Bracey has been tapped to star opposite Gerard Butler in Alcon’s remake of Point Break.
Bracey will tackle the character of hotshot FBI agent Johnny Utah against Butler’s Bodhi, roles that were seminal to a generation that watched the early 1990s action movie. Bracey is playing the role originated by Keanu Reeves.
Ericson Core is directing the movie which has a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing along with John Baldecchi, Chris Taylor and Wimmer.
A summer shoot is being planned.
Bracey is a relative unknown Stateside, although he did play the Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will also be seen in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation Best of Me.
Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Morrissey Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR