'G.I. Joe': Elodie Yung in Talks to Join New Movie (Exclusive)
The French actress may co-star with Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in the Paramount film, sources say.
French actress Elodie Yung is in talks to join Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in Paramount's new G.I. Joe movie.
Yung will play a ninja member of the Joe squad named Jinx.
Jon Chu is directing the movie while Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the action movie, which is rebuilding mode. A host of characters not seen in the first movie are being introduced, with martial arists Jinx being one.
Johnson is in negotiations to play Roadblock while Tatum returns as Duke. Yung has already displayed considerable ninja-like prowess in District 13: Ultimatum, the parkour action movie whose highlight included a sequence in which she took on corrupt cops with a knife in her ponytail.
Yung, repped by Gersh and Caliber Media and UK-based Hamilton Hodell, will be seen playing the lesbian girlfriend of Rooney Mara in David Fincher¹s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Paramount declined to comment.
Here's Yung in action...
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!