'G.I. Joe': Elodie Yung in Talks to Join New Movie (Exclusive)
The French actress may co-star with Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in the Paramount film, sources say.
French actress Elodie Yung is in talks to join Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in Paramount's new G.I. Joe movie.
Yung will play a ninja member of the Joe squad named Jinx.
Jon Chu is directing the movie while Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the action movie, which is rebuilding mode. A host of characters not seen in the first movie are being introduced, with martial arists Jinx being one.
Johnson is in negotiations to play Roadblock while Tatum returns as Duke. Yung has already displayed considerable ninja-like prowess in District 13: Ultimatum, the parkour action movie whose highlight included a sequence in which she took on corrupt cops with a knife in her ponytail.
Yung, repped by Gersh and Caliber Media and UK-based Hamilton Hodell, will be seen playing the lesbian girlfriend of Rooney Mara in David Fincher¹s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Paramount declined to comment.
Here's Yung in action...
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David