'G.I. Joe,' 'Mad Men' and 'House of Cards' Actors Join 'Terminator: Genesis' (Exclusive)
Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger are starring in the reboot of the sci-fi action movie.
Byung-hun Lee, who played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies, has been cast in a key role in Terminator: Genesis, the reboot of the sci-fi action franchise being made by Skydance and Paramount.
Also joining the cast are Mad Men actor Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt.
The trio join stars Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger, as well as supporting players J.K. Simmons and Dayo Okeniyi, in the movie that Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) is directing.
Genesis, which is the film's working title at this stage, aims to be a continuation of the James Cameron classics and is trying to tie all the threads and even take into consideration the time passed. For example, Schwarzenegger is back as Terminator cyborg and his older appearance will be explained. Okeniyi is playing the son of Miles Dyson, the Cyberdyne exec played by Joe Morton in Terminator: Judgement Day; the character was a little boy in that movie. (Emilia Clarke is portraying Sarah Connor, Courtney will be Kyle Reese and Jason Clarke is John Connor.)
Lee's role is being kept locked in the deepest vaults of Cyberdyne, I mean Skydance, but it promises to be a doozy.
Details for Gladis and Holt also were not revealed.
Lee, a big star in his native South Korea, made his American debut with G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and also appeared in Red 2, Summit’s action movie that starred Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren. He is repped by CAA, BH Entertainment, and McKuin Frankel.
Gladis played ad man Paul Kinsey on AMC's acclaimed Mad Men. He has several movies in the can, including Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot, the Peter Dinklage comedy Knights of Badassdom and the Jason Blum-produced Not Safe for Work. He is repped by TalentWorks and Gallant Management.
Holt had a key role in Season Two of House of Cards and is currently shooting Air (she plays the female lead), the Robert Kirkman-produced sci-fi indie that also stars Norman Reedus and Djimon Hounsou. She is repped by Innovative Artists, D2 Management and Characters Talent in Canada.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!