'G.I. Joe: Retaliation': New Trailer Features Worldwide Destruction (Video)
A new two-minute trailer for the followup, in theaters March, has debuted.
A new trailer for Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation has hit the web, three months before the upcoming followup to the 2009 feature is ready to hit multiplexes everywhere. There isn't much that is new in the two minutes of footage that debuted but it ramps up the action and spotlights Bruce Willis' appearance in fine form.
Retaliation, which was supposed to hit theaters this past summer, was pushed back to 2013 after Paramount opted to convert the film for a 3D release. THR reported at the time that the studio was eyeing a possible redo of the film's plot, due to Channing Tatum's rising stardom.
Retaliation follows the team as they are forced to fight Cobra and also vindicate themselves to a government that has condemned them. (The international trailer, released in November, uncovers more of the plot.)
Tatum and Willis are joined by a cast led by Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Jonathan Pryce. The film, directed by Jon M. Chu, will hit theaters March 29, 2013.
Watch the new trailer below:
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'