'G.I. Joe: Retaliation': New Trailer Features Worldwide Destruction (Video)
A new two-minute trailer for the followup, in theaters March, has debuted.
A new trailer for Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation has hit the web, three months before the upcoming followup to the 2009 feature is ready to hit multiplexes everywhere. There isn't much that is new in the two minutes of footage that debuted but it ramps up the action and spotlights Bruce Willis' appearance in fine form.
Retaliation, which was supposed to hit theaters this past summer, was pushed back to 2013 after Paramount opted to convert the film for a 3D release. THR reported at the time that the studio was eyeing a possible redo of the film's plot, due to Channing Tatum's rising stardom.
Retaliation follows the team as they are forced to fight Cobra and also vindicate themselves to a government that has condemned them. (The international trailer, released in November, uncovers more of the plot.)
Tatum and Willis are joined by a cast led by Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Jonathan Pryce. The film, directed by Jon M. Chu, will hit theaters March 29, 2013.
Watch the new trailer below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short