'G.I. Joe: Retaliation': New Trailer Features Worldwide Destruction (Video)
A new two-minute trailer for the followup, in theaters March, has debuted.
A new trailer for Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation has hit the web, three months before the upcoming followup to the 2009 feature is ready to hit multiplexes everywhere. There isn't much that is new in the two minutes of footage that debuted but it ramps up the action and spotlights Bruce Willis' appearance in fine form.
Retaliation, which was supposed to hit theaters this past summer, was pushed back to 2013 after Paramount opted to convert the film for a 3D release. THR reported at the time that the studio was eyeing a possible redo of the film's plot, due to Channing Tatum's rising stardom.
Retaliation follows the team as they are forced to fight Cobra and also vindicate themselves to a government that has condemned them. (The international trailer, released in November, uncovers more of the plot.)
Tatum and Willis are joined by a cast led by Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Jonathan Pryce. The film, directed by Jon M. Chu, will hit theaters March 29, 2013.
Watch the new trailer below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game